Monday, January 11, 2010

Yesterday at 1:00 AM Leah woke up with the news that i was not ready for. It started out ready or not! Although the time was right i was not sure. I told Leah that we needed to go back to bed. After another hour had passed Leah was up again getting ready, by washing clothes, pulling out the car seat, and making breakfast, the hour was now 3:00 AM. I got up and said what is going on, her reply was that she was going to have Jack today. Still in unbelief I started to walk into the other room when she said "My water just broke". My thoughts "SCARED" but quickly loaded up the car and off we went. The time was now 5:00 AM and I was flying down Geneva on the way to the hospital. As everyone knows I have always had a lead foot but this time was important, so my speed of choice was 75 MPH, I know sorry but Jack was coming ready or not.

Arriving at the hospital the checked us in and got us into the delivery room around 6:30 AM, which is the first check. Leah at that time, was dilated to a 3, the nurse then left the room and came back in one hour, checking again. This time she was still the same, with the concern of the broken water they decided to help he out with the dilation process. Once again returning in one hour the nurse checked and Leah was not dilated to a 5, very exciting. At this point i decided to make some of the first phone calls, Although both our parents knew already we left them know that this was going to be a quick trip to grand parenthood. One hour later Leah had dilated to an 8, wow that was quick but i was so excited.

At this point Leah's doctor had arrived and decided to begin preparing for the new arrival. As you can guess the time was now flying by. We were privileged to have the sacrament brought to us, and the members who brought the sacrament left, Leah said call my doctor now. My reply was why, she told me just to do it, so I did. In my mind I had to decided to ask WHY again or just to call. I decided to make the phone call, the nurse came running in and she checked Leah went from an 8 to a ten in just under 30 minutes. Although I did not know what that meant, nurses began filling the room with all kinds of stuff. Once again ready or not Jack was here, All there was time for was one quick text to Leah and my parents saying the time was now. It was now 11:30 AM, and we were pushing for Jack to come out.

I was really at this point wondering if life was true, Was Jack really going to come out or was the stork still flying my way ready to drop off Jack at the door. From this point on time flew by, We saw Jack's hair, which was very brown. Seconds later out came Jack, NO STORK, at this point everything was thrust into high gear, everyone doing something from the nurses to Leah, and me not sure now lost and wondering where i could fit in. I quickly picked up the pictures and got some of the best photos that i have ever taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment